Monday 14 June 2021

#How(We-I)Spend-Time-Attention-(Awareness-Observation)-Energy-Where-When-WithWhom-How-onWhat-'Is'-(Our-My)-Life

#InsightNo2

#How(We-I)Spend-Time-Attention-(Awareness-Observation)-Energy-Where-When-WithWhom-How-onWhat-'Is'-(Our-My)-Life

Poh-Sun Goh

15 June 2021, 0927am


#Choice

#Intentional

#Aware


'... We are free to change the way in which we think and act ... We can change the way we think about external events, even where we cannot change them. And we can do something more. We can intellligently change our exposure to events that make us either happy on unhappy.' - Richard Koch, in Chapter 15: The Seven Habits of Happiness, from 80/20 Principle - The Secret of Achieving More with Less. 1st edition (1998). Page 222.


The Serenity Prayer

God grant me the serenity

to accept the things I cannot change; 

courage to change the things I can; 

and wisdom to know the difference.


Living one day at a time; 

enjoying one moment at a time; 

accepting hardships as the pathway to peace; 

taking, as He did, this sinful world

as it is, not as I would have it; 

trusting that He will make all things right

if I surrender to His Will; 

that I may be reasonably happy in this life

and supremely happy with Him

forever in the next. 

Amen.

Reinhold Niebuhr (1892-1971)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.