Saturday 4 September 2021

#Thriving #Meaning #Purpose


#Thriving, #Meaning, #Purpose - #SkillUp and #Connect, through #Networks and #Technology
3 foundation pillars (health, $/captured energy/resources/will), time) support expression of 2 pillars (skills interplay with roles) - skills built up from education, training and with some coaching, amplified through networks and technology; producing a meaningful purpose driven satisfying life, the apex pillar. To thrive (not just survive). In our human evolution from hunting, gathering through farming, factories, workshops and design studios. 
Poh-Sun Goh, 5 September 2021, 0825am, Singapore time. 


“Happiness is pretty simple: someone to love, something to do, something to look forward to.” - https://whosaidthatreally.tumblr.com/post/69251107821/the-quote-the-grand-essentials-to-happiness-in



“Dad, you claim I’m no genius. I won’t argue with that. You know plenty of people who are smarter than I am.”  ...  But let me tell you something. I’m going to grow up to love my work as much as you love yours. I won’t just have a job; I’ll have a calling. I’ll challenge myself every day. When I get knocked down, I’ll get back up. I may not be the smartest person in the room, but I’ll strive to be the grittiest.” - Angela Duckworth, in 'Grit: The Power of Passion and Perseverance'









"... the five facets of sport(ing performance), which are movement, sleep, nutrition, mindset and recovery, recovery being really important" - Ryan Flaherty (elite trainer at Nike, from looking at data about what elite athletes do) quote by John Donahoe, Nike President and CEO, in The Exchange (interview), in response to the question, What day do you take off?; page 39, Wall Street Journal Magazine, Fall 2021 edition

Time, Repetitive Practice Progressively Perfects Performance (YouTube ) - Shi Heng Yi is the headmaster of the Shaolin Temple Europe 歐洲少林寺 located in Germany and belongs to the 35th Generation of Shaolin

"Goals and contingencies ... are important ... but they exist in the future and the past ... Practice, the path of mastery, exists only in the present ... ... ... To love the plateau is to love what is most essential and enduring in your life." - George Leonard, in Chapter 4: Loving the Plateau; Part One: The Master's Journey in the book "Mastery", page 48 and 49.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.